Saturday, May 3, 2008

Roberino - Makin' cables


Making the HV cables has jumped to the forefront recently, since I just received my Juli Tools YYQ-120A hydraulic cable crimper and HS-125 cable cutter from China via ZEVA (www.zeva.com.au). These are the heavy duty tools that will make my job of making many, many battery cables a little easier. I am excited! There are manual cable crimpers out there, but I am not interested in a workout here. I did a test crimp using the hydraulic, and the crimper worked great - no effort, and a very sturdy crimp. The only downside was that the crimper is metric and the closest die was 70 mm2, where 2/0 welding cable is actually 67.5 mm2. So not exact, but close enough.


Look at that crimp! No effort at all.

1 comment:

Titanium said...

I really like your hydraulic crimpers. ZEVA has changed since you bought yours, and ZEVA now redirects you to EV Works.

Was the shipping very expensive from Australia? EV Works is quoting AU$110, which works out to $96.57 at current exchange rates. Also, did you have to pay any kind of import or customs fee?