Monday, May 26, 2008

Battery layout & wiring

Both racks are now completely bolted in, and the battery clamps are scheduled to arrive middle of this week. So it's time to start planning the layout of how the batteries will be wired together. Here are some diagrams I whipped up for the front:And for the rear:

Note the use of Anderson connectors to disconnect the battery packs from the rest of the HV circuit in the front and in the back. I have also come to the realization that, based on the type of DC/DC converter I am installing, I may not need an auxiliary battery at all. The DC/DC converter will be connected to the HV traction battery pack at all times, and does not pull much current in "idle" mode (on the order of mA). Plus, I have a nice spot for the DC/DC converter to be mounted - right where the auxiliary battery used to be! Serendipity!

1 comment:

John Kosakowski said...

Hey bro, I stumbled onto your conversion blog. Looks good so far. Best of luck. Here's mine:
http://hotrodsinthehudsonvalley.blogspot.com/

See ya,

John K.