Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's Alive (again)!

I took Electro for a distance calibration spin with the newly-charged pack this morning. Just gently breaking in the pack, checking my new voltage & current settings on the Zilla, and measuring voltage depletion over distance.

Fantastic!

I easily went 21 miles with no problem, handily beating my previous distance record of 15 miles with the Exide Orbitals. Although I could have, I elected not to go further on this first run, as I am trying not to beat on the pack too hard. The good news is, I can go on a longer trip next test run.

Electro was more sluggish than before, no surprise given the fact that I have an overall heavier weight and lower pack voltage. I will see about modifying the Zilla settings to give an overall increase in instantaneous current and top speed. I definitely won't be able to squeal the tires like I did before, but my hope is that I will be able to have a much larger range with acceptable acceleration and speed.

Stay tuned for more results, and perhaps some pics of me at certain spots with Electro!

No comments: