Monday, January 19, 2009

First full commute with Electro - success

I just returned from driving Electro to work today (10-12 miles each way depending on route). Lots of coworkers had wanted to see this electric jalopy - my one hour show at lunch felt a lot like an entry in a car show... hood up, explaining the car stats, people starting to put their fingers where they shouldn't =). During the commute, I was again concerned about Heartbreak Hill, a fairly steep hill that lasts about 1/2 mile. It is by far the biggest ass-kicker hill for any vehicle in the area, electric or otherwise. Electro attacked it like a champ, at a slower but respectable speed. Which reminds me - in my commute I don't go on the freeway (yet) but I do maintain a healthy speed of between 35-40 MPH. Electro really zips along nicely.

The facilities guy at my work says he bought an 'EV charging station' sign, and will post it on the light pole where I plug in during the day. Awesome!

No comments: