Monday, January 12, 2009

Another distance record broken!

I took Electro out for a test drive with the new Zilla settings of LBV=71 and LBVI=77. I drove around town so as to stay near home, but was not bashful with acceleration and hills. 26.3 miles! A new record for Electro, which expended 8.6 KWh on the trip. I am pleased to report that acceleration was great. No spinning tires, but good for merging with traffic and getting up hills.

I was collecting data the whole time using ZillaView. On average, Electro expends ~4 Ah/mi, and 330-380 Wh/mi in city driving, depending on terrain. Acceleration is good, and I could have driven further, but I was starting to notice acceleration on the slow side. I could still get up to fast speeds, but not very quickly.


I'm excited at the distance progress! Let's see how long it takes to recharge after this drive. Also, in the coming days I think it's time for a longer loop trip!

No comments: