Thursday, March 18, 2010

20 miles... without breaking a sweat.

I took Electro on a preliminary range test, laptop collecting data along the way. I was fairly aggressive with my acceleration and choosing hills to climb, so I had some healthy current draws from the pack, sometimes reaching peaks of 300 battery amps on some of the steeper hills (this would equate to over 500 motor amps in some cases). I did not drive on the freeway, but man, I had the acceleration to go there easily.

Although I don't have my meter installed yet, I do know the floating pack voltage has a range of ~170V (full charge) to ~162V (lower advisable limit) - it's really a flat discharge curve. I drove 20 miles (again, with gusto) and recorded the floating pack voltage basically staying between 168-170V. Phenomenal.

I think it may be time to promote Electro to my daily driver.

No comments: