Monday, June 9, 2008

HV Plumbing Update

Sunday I tried using fish tape to pull three 2/0 cables through the 1.5" PVC plumbing network I had built under the EV. Ha! I found out the hard way that, even if the cable *is* flexible welding cable, three of them can't snake through more than two 45 degree turns without considerable elbow grease.

I had to rethink the PVC pipe to be essentially a straight shot back, engine compartment to the battery box. Just finished it tonight, with the only bend being a slight rise to get over the rear axle. I was able to keep the straight run with the bracket (the hardest part of the original install).

Pictures of the new undercarriage arrangement. Notice, hardly any turns, and straight into the box:


BTW, my 2/0 automotive battery clamps arrived today with protective hoods. So I can start making battery cables soon!

No comments: