Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Longest distance on record!

Since I installed my lithiums, I knew my range was theoretically longer (~50 miles estimated with my style of driving), but the longest I had traveled was 26 miles. I pushed it a little farther today, driving from Edmonds to Bothell (morning commute), not charging at work, then driving home via a longer route, through Mukilteo (almost into Everett), then back to Edmonds.

The drive data:
33.7 miles
64 Ah used

Longest distance driven by me on a single charge!

No particular negative issues, and the cells performed very well during this hilly, speedy drive, even at the end of the run - no compromised performance that I could tell. Not surprising for lithiums, but I had to test it to be sure.

This data point (33.7 mi/64Ah = ~0.53 mi/Ah) seems to corroborate earlier data points that my range with the new cells is ~50 miles with aggressive driving!

No comments: