Saturday, January 30, 2010

Zilla subassembly back in

I spent tonight finishing the rewiring on the Zilla assembly so that the shunt is now on the battery (-) side of the motor controller. This is necessary because the new TBS monitoring gauge I am installing in the dash will perform a real-time calculation on the energy left in the traction pack, and it needs battery current as one of the input variables (others are traction pack voltage and aux 12v).

The rest of the cabling to the Zilla, the contactor and the shunt has been reconnected, and the subassembly has been rebolted to the car wall. No pictures here, it looks pretty much the way it did before, with the exception that some of the cabling has moved around.

One note - I was informed that my clear lexan battery box lids are in the mail. All I need now are the DC/DC converter from Belktronix (soon) and the batteries themselves to finish up!

I was informed by evcomponents.com that the ship carrying my lithium cells has left China, so I guess we'll see them in a couple of weeks.

No comments: