Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Equalizer!

Now that the inclement weather has disappeared (again), I am again driving Electro to work. I have noticed some changes in the power while driving, and I suspect it may be time to equalize the battery pack.

I had read that an equalization charge was needed once in a while, but the frequency of the equalization charge varied in who was talking. The common wisdom is once a month.

Equalization charge for a flooded battery is driving the voltage up to 2.6VPC, or 124.5V for a 96V pack. The purpose is to make sure all cells (even the weaker ones) are fully charged. It is hard on the cells, hence the low frequency. So tonight I am the Equalizer. We'll see how it goes.

Good news, I found my video camera after losing it. This means I can post more videos in the weeks to come - stay tuned.

No comments: