Sunday, August 10, 2008

Distance drive #1

I drove the farthest yet in Electro - out 3 miles to the local Les Schwab for a steering alignment. Lots of curious looks and questions from the techs! No issues there or on the way back, but I do think I am using too much juice too quickly. Still investigating. I did discover a problem overall, and it is will the tranny - I am having some problems switching to higher gears when needed. This may be more of a transmission/shifter/clutch alignment issue, and actually might explain why I am using more current than expected. Stay tuned on this one.

I mounted the charger port yesterday. Looks pretty slick - check it out. Here it is closed -


And here it is open. The inlet is a marine-grade 110VAC/15A inlet, so the cover is a nice weatherproof touch.


No comments: